Friday, October 18, 2013

Garage Sale / Thrift Store Finds 10/18/13

Greetings!

Haven't posted a video on my finds in awhile ... it's crazy how life just gets in the way sometimes ... plus I'm so busy fanning myself with all of the money I've been making selling on eBay (not literally). But Things have been getting better and better as we close in on the holiday season. I'm looking forward to closing out October with some more sales and VERY excited to see what November brings in!  I've decided I can't post every item I buy anymore ... I have to start dedicating some of that time to listing them!  But I will try to do short updates on some of the stuff I find and will continue to do items sold updates for sure ... cause let's be honest - those are the most fun! Here are some of my most recent finds:

Patriotic Leather Michael Hoban Jacket
Paid $10

1980s Horse Racing Collector Canterbury Cup
Paid $2
 Porcelain Sleeping Mexican Bookends
Paid $2
 2 Old Sailboat Candles
Paid $2
 Antique Cast Iron Plant Labels (Thyme, Basil, etc.). These are REALLY cool ... I have a sister in law who is a horticulture graduate and would SO want these ... not sure if I am willing to sell these or not because of that, but they are so awesome! Paid $1
 Antique German Brass Clock Phinney Walker
Paid $5
 Glass Praying Angel marked HOL 1989
Paid $.25 cents

 Strange Porcelain Ninja with Retractable sword marked Benihana
Paid $.25 cents

 Lighthouse Candle
Paid $1
 Black Corduroy Hunting Hat made in USA
Paid $.50 cents
 Ceramic Mantle Clock - no brand but very cool looking. I don't think it's that old
Paid $2
 Another Vintage Light up Santa! This one actually had the light and chord. I will buy these all day even though they aren't worth that much ... just too awesome and brings you to a different time period.
Paid $.50
 1940 Cuban Cigar Gurkha box made of wood. Supposedly this is very rare. Pre Columbian Crisis Era (whatever that means). This is the kind of box that was nailed shut, no hinges so I'm guessing for shipping. There is still some loose tobacco in the box. I was told they used to pack the cigars in the box with extra tobacco which is kind of awesome. Paid $1
 Nautical Themed Bell to hang on wall. Bell looks kind of older, has some patina on the inside. Probably not super old though. Paid $8 simply because bells and nautical stuff both seem to do pretty well.

Total Spent: $35.50
Estimated Resale Value: $350-$400

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman



2 comments:

  1. Great job on your finds recently. Looks like everything is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All products are very nice ,all of them should be on ebay so they can reach every persons and every one will be aware about your awesome product....
    ebay business listing

    ReplyDelete