Friday, September 6, 2013

Garage Sale Finds - 9/5/2013

Greetings!

Had a pretty good day of garage sale shopping yesterday (on my lunch break and after work). Here's what I came up with:

New in Package Vintage Yellowstone National Park Place Mats. Paid 50 cents.

1980s Masonic Mug. Paid 25 cents for mug and 25 cents for patch. I always like to scoop up old masonic or shriner stuff. Sometimes I'll throw things together in a lot or sell as individual items if they are really nice.

2 boxes of Vintage Coby Christmas Bulbs/decorations. Vintage xmas stuff does alright ... especially good if you have the box so that you know the brand name and some info about the item for listing it. Paid $2 for the 2 boxes.


Not sure about these guys. Vintage wall decor - no brand name. But they are Revolutionary War related (a personal interest of mine). We will see how they do. Paid $2 for the pair.


 Vintage Boy Scout Canteen. Very excited about this item - old Boy Scout stuff is highly collectible. I see canteens once in awhile but not often do I see the clothe case with the logo. Paid $2.
 Old Masters of the Universe Action Figure. I'll scoop these guys up when I see them and eventually sell them as a lot. Same goes for GI Joe and Ninja Turtles. Paid 25 cents for this guy.
 Vintage looking "Dog on Duty" sign. Dog lovers buy stuff. I like the colors on this. Someone will buy it. Paid $2.
 Costume Jewelry. Not for the store. I have a niece who is turning 6 and loves dressing up. I will sometimes pick her up cheap jewelry that looks nice for her to play with. Paid about $2 for several necklaces and a bracelet.
 Vintage 1971 NFL PROPERTIES Detroit Lions belt buckle. Very cool looking. Paid $1.

 Vintage / Mid Century Modern styled plastic General Electric Wall Clock. When you are listing items like this I would recommend putting "Mid Century Modern" in the title. That is a popular trend. Paid $2.

 Bought a couple of books for myself.  At 25 cents a piece I couldn't resist.


 National Wild Turkey Federation Knife with sheath. Paid $2.
 Vintage Marlboro Coleman Thermos. We'll see ... in general I think that cigarette stuff does ok. Paid $1.
 Extremely heavy vintage tape dispensor. Not sure what kind of metal this is. has a very nice industrial look to it. Paid $2.
 Vintage Mid Century Modern Lamp - Paid $2
 Vintage Letterman's Jacket - no patches. Paid $2.
 Rack for hanging stuff on!!! What an awesome find - This will be my new hat rack in storage. Priced at $7 but the ladies gave it to me for $2 because it was the end of the night. Sweet deal!

I bought some random pair of black men's vintage boots that have like wool or something inside them. Forgot to take a photo. But they are pretty neat. Paid $1.

Total Spent on Items Selling in Store: $20.50
Estimated Resell Value: Approx $250 - $300

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman



2 comments:

  1. Great finds. I saw a Steelers vintage belt buckle @ a thrift store but they wanted big bucks for it. I hit a couple Estate Sales today and scored some cool stuff. It's weird, you never know what is going to sell either. Ebay is a funny world, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you paying over $5 per pack of cigs? I'm buying high quality cigs from Duty Free Depot and I save over 50% on cigs.

    ReplyDelete