Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thrift Store Finds - 9/3/2013

Greetings!

Went out to a local thrift store on my lunch break. Spent too much but came away with some decent finds!

Gold Nike Bag. Paid $4.
 Mid Century Modern Plastic General Electric Wall Clock. Paid $9.99 (ouch! I know!) Might have paid too much for that. But it has really nice numbers and I like the colors and style.
 Vintage Porcelain Trinket container with horses. Not sure if this was a powder box at one time, or what was supposed to be held in it but the horses look very nice. Paid .99
 1989 Enescdo Halloween Figures on Bench. Paid $1.99
 Vintage Straight Brim Bahamas Trucker hat - Paid $1.99
  Vintage Straight Brim Disney World Trucker hat - Paid $1.99

I realize I paid a bit more for these items than I normally do, but I'm anxious to get more inventory stocked up before Christmas and there haven't been many garage sales in my area the past week and a half.

Total Spent: Approx $22
I'd like to think I could make around $160 for these items.

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman



4 comments:

  1. Great finds especially Nike bag. I recently started hitting auctions and can get a "lot" which is a box of stuff for a few dollars. Usually the deals are near the end of the auction. I have a love hate relationship with thrift stores. Sometimes I get great finds cheap and other times not so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that Steven! The real reason I've been hitting thrift stores lately is because they are bringing out the Halloween stuff. Lot's of times thrift stores have vintage Halloween decorations that you can make a killing on and they don't realize that is "good stuff" yet. Same with other holidays but I really am drawn to Halloween and Christmas stuff. The problem is when I go in there to find specific holiday decor items I get suckered into other things like that $10 clock. I think I was just desperate to buy something. I'm hoping for the yard sale gods to bless me this coming weekend because I need to find some good stuff for cheap to bulk up my inventory! Thanks for writing!

    BK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I have been looking for that vintage halloween stuff also but havent had much luck. Its weird. When hitting sales I will see a lot of the same things over and over. I have had some luck at estate sales too. I usually hit the estate sales on the last day because then they want to move the stuff. Not much luck on day one because prices are so high usually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love estate sales ... but only if they are run by a family member. If it is run by professional estate sale company it's like trying to buy museum artifacts! So expensive! But I think you are right ... if you get there on the last day there might be some wiggle room on prices. I haven't gone to a single auction since I started my store. Mostly because I don't see a ton of them advertised in my area ... and they seem like they are on weekends when I'm busy at garage sales ... but I would definitely like to get more into auctions. Sounds like you are having some luck so maybe I should give it a shot!

      BK

      Delete