Saturday, August 3, 2013

Garage Sale Finds 8/3/13

Greetings!

It's important to have excellent jams when you are out hunting ...



Here are my garage sales finds from today:

Casco Bay Fins/Flippers by LL Bean - $3
Chuck Oberstein Clown Oil Paintings - not sure if these are oil paintings, lithographs or prints. $3
These 3 Antique Lyre Back Chairs were on the curb for free. Scooped them up and might try to sell them on craigslist or local pickup on ebay. They need repair but are still cool.
This Toledo Arms Sword was at a sale for $50. I asked what there lowest offer would be ... they said $25.  I normally don't spend that much on garage sale items ... but it was a pretty cool sword. Paid $25
Vintage Roadmaster Tricycle with bell - $4
Bought a lamp for my house and I'm going to keep the lamplight farms oil lamp as well. Will sell the horoscope globe. $2 lamp, $4 oil lamp, 50 cents for the globe (globe needs some work).

Amber Hilex Jar - Duraglas $1
Vintage Mirro Tin and two other tins for $5

Vintage Tin 'chest' - made in West Germany $2
Plastic Toy Horse - $3
Vintage Electric Razor Schik $1
2 military jackets with some patches on them - $1
Old Rex Tool - $2
2 old hanging planter hinges - free
Vintage Nike Hiking Boots - $2
Vintage Halloween stuff 55 cents


I spent a lot more on some of these items than I probably should've ... but I was having some rough luck today.

Total Spent: $53.05

On a good day I'd like to see all of these go for $350 - $500 ... not sure what some of this stuff is worth yet.  Wish me luck!

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman






3 comments:

  1. Those vintage Nike hiking boots are sweet, nice find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah ... I had to sacrifice to get those though ... it was actually the last sale I went to for the day and I got roped into a conversation with the gal running the sale. She was super sweet .. but when you are trying to hit up a lot of sales it's best not to sit around and jib jab for 20 minutes with the person running the sale. She also called me out as a reseller simply based on what items I was looking at and how I was looking at them. Plus I had my smart phone out so that's a dead giveaway too I guess. :)

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. I try not to pull out my smartphone and look stuff up but sometimes its hard not too. I kicked myself and passed on some vintage house lights that are selling for like $30 to $40 dollars each. I could have gotten them for $2 bucks for the pair. DOH! The worse is when you goto a garage sale and they have pieces of paper with the items showing what they are listed for on Ebay! I have gotten some good stuff on auction also. Not sure what state you are in but soemtimes I buy stuff off www.Prosibid.com. Usually only local because they stick it to you on shipping fees. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete