Thursday, August 8, 2013

Garage Sale Finds 8/8/2013

Greetings!

Hit up 3 garage sales on my lunch break today. Came back with a few items:

Donny's Fish Market Glass Mug - I bought this because it looks vintage and has a Nautical Theme. I know where it's from and nautical + knowing where it's from gives me enough information to write up a nice description. I love finding anything nautical themed ... fisherman, ships, anchors, fishing reels, people love that stuff! Paid 50 cents.

 Vintage Wilhold brand container. Plastic (not sure if it's bakelite) has a plastic lid with a rose on it. I know the brand and where it was made, it's vintage, a cool color and has nice engraving on the lid. Not sure if this is maybe used as a sewing box, or trinket box or what - but it's cool looking! Paid 50 cents


 Awesome vintage yard decor - ghost. There is nothing that will ever stop me from buying vintage Halloween stuff. Paid $3 - this is probably going to stay with me.

 Miniature katana made in Japan. This is hand painted with a wood sheath. The blade is actually sharpened which makes me question if this is a letter opener or meant for something else. Seems like more than a souvenir since it's sharp. Cool little item. Paid $1.

 3 antique mesh kitchen strainers. People like to decorate with stuff like this. Nice shape. Paid $1.

 I haven't dealt with the world of wool much, but I've heard from other sellers that wool is a big seller on eBay. Found 2 100% wool sweaters that look vintage and have no stains or holes. One is Jersild - 100% Virgin Wool. The other is Laurel Ann - Super Soft 'something' Wool. Can't make it out in the photo, will have to look into it more later. Paid $4 for the pair.



Total Spent on Store Items: $7
Hoping to make: $100 - $150 off of these items. 

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman



2 comments:

  1. Some great finds. Love reading the blog, helps me when deciding what to pick up. Some days are definitely better than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steven! Thanks! I'm glad that someone out there is getting something out of this blog. I'm no expert of course ... I've really only been selling on eBay for 3 months now, so every post I post is just sort of what I'm doing when I'm doing it - for better or worse!

    It's really fun when I can update the blog with what sold. Especially if it's an item I've already blogged about - it's exciting!

    Thanks for your continued readership!

    BK

    ReplyDelete