Saturday, August 17, 2013

Garage Sale Finds for 8/17/2013

Greetings!

Had a decent day inventory shopping and found a few things for my house too!

You already know I'm a huge sucker for vintage Halloween items. My next biggest weakness is old military related items be it medieval, revolutionary war, civil war, etc.  So this large framed and matted print of "The Bridge" by John Falter was a no brainer for $5. It depicts the beginning of the Revolutionary War. Very nice condition ... this will be a keeper for me.
 This marble top and metal table is PERFECT for our living room by our fireplace. I will be keeping this. $5.
 Call me crazy ... but this Vintage cat trinket box called out to me for some reason. Copyright Vermont Ltd. Artwork by Balliol Corp. It's just a nice metal and glass piece with a mirror inside. Paid 50 cents. Some cat enthusiast out there WILL buy this eventually.
 Vintage Porcelain Vanity Mirror. 50 cents.
 Native American Made Pouch with original tag "Made by the Cherokees of Qualla Reservation in Cherokee, N.C." Very cool piece that will sell easily. Paid $1.
 Dr. Martens. Paid $2.
 Retro/Vintage looking Disneyland tin tray. Has nice artwork of original Disney characters. Not sure what I'll get for this but paid 50 cents.
 Very Large plastic ship vintage wall decor. Paid $2.
 Pair of Old Brass/Cast iron Fireplace Andirons or log holders. Super nice find. Paid $2. I kind of want to keep these but I have a gas fireplace and there is really no reason to...so I will probably sell them.
These were a unique find. The woman at the sale said they are from East Berlin, Germany from the 1940s. They have symbols on them  and are marked Bleikristall Handgeschliffen. I will have to do some research on what the symbology means on these. Paid $4 for the pair.
 2 Vintage Pipe Holders/Pipe racks. Pipe stuff does pretty well. Paid $3 total for both.
 3 vintage metal/iron mirrors/picture frames. Marked "Made in Italy" on the back. Paid $1.50 for the three of them.
 Vintage Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer stocking. Paid 25 cents.
 Women's Leather Guess Coat. Paid $2. Not vintage, but in nice shape, 100% leather and a name brand. Should sell pretty easily.

Total paid on items for the store: $19.25
Hoping to make around $250 - $300

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


2 comments:

  1. nice finds!
    i love the gold pirate ship, so 70s.
    the guess jacket looks like it might have a coyote collar, look that up on ebay, i've sold similar woolrich jackets with coyote for over $100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryanne! Yeah ... I had a problem this weekend with liking too much of the stuff that I bought on eBay, but I do plan on selling that awesome ship. I'm not 100% sure about that fur on the jacket. I didn't see anything on the tag about coyote fur ... looks like 100% acrylic interior and 100% leather exterior. Is there some other way to determine whether the fur is faux or animal?

      Delete