Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thrift Store Finds 8/7/2013

Greetings!

Hadn't bought any store inventory and I'm soon going to run out of stuff to list.  With the weekend garage sales still a day away I thought I'd swing by a small thrift store that I hadn't been to in awhile.  It's a non-corporate one so there are sometimes ok prices ... sometimes not.

Didn't come up with anything that will blow anybody's minds but found a few random things:



1972 Vintage Decorative Wall Art - Hunting Themed Marked "Tim - Made in wood (can't make out the rest) Jan. 1972. If I had to guess I'd say someone made this in wood shop in high school. Not a great piece of art but since it's dated it makes it easier to list it as "Vintage Rustic Hunting Decor" or something similar. Paid $1.99


Small Vintage Metal Bird Themed Trinket Tray marked "Made in China". Paid 50 cents. If you combine bird themed stuff with a vintage decor item that usually is a pretty good chance at a sale. Maybe not much to be made on this guy, but I can sell it for more than 50 cents.

Vintage Heirloom Oak Nut Tray by DiDware / A Division of Independent Stave Co.
Made of "rustic oak".  This thing had a lot of descriptive information on it so I figured I'd give it a shot. Someone might be missing this out of their set. I always come across nut cracker tools at yard sales so I will pick one up and include it with this bowl. Paid 75 cents.

Yesteryear Brand by Westwood 1992 Perfect Brand Coffee Mug. Paid 25 cents. Never bought a mug to sell on eBay yet. I think I could get 15 - 20 bucks off this. We'll see.

I bought this last item just because I think it's cool.  I love 1980's horror movies and this just jumped out at me for some reason. Burlington high School Class of 1986 Senior Banquet.  It is foggy glass and has a devil head on it. So 1980's occult vibe going on.  Paid 50 cents for this ... Don't mind if it even sells cause I just think it's rad.


That's it!

Paid: $4
Hoping to make: $75 - $100 off of these items.

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment