Friday, August 9, 2013

Garage Sale Finds 8/8/2013 (continued)

Greetings!

Went back out to do some more inventory shopping after work today. Thursday evenings after 5pm aren't the best time to get out there but it's better than nothing.  Actually had some pretty good luck!  Here's what I came home with:

2 Antique or Vintage prints. - Made de Paris - Petit Courier des Dames - Paris Boulevart les Italians, 1. Don't know much about them but they looked old and came in old frames (no glass). One of them is marked in light pencil - "Helors Lilvin" or something similar. Will have to try to research this a bit more. Paid $2 for the pair.




 Vintage hanging ghost decoration wind sock. Be keeping this probably - 50 cents.
 This was just a cool piece. Round wooden frame and the glass is sort of domed outward. Picture of a river running through some hills. Marked on the back - Peter Watson Studio, INC, Detroit 27, Michigan. Paid $3

 I LOVE VINTAGE MEN'S HATS! I wear them myself so it's always a struggle to give them up. I haven't tried any of these on yet. Paid $1 per hat which is a steal. I've had good luck with selling Knox brand ... I have another Dobbs brand hat in my store but it hasn't sold yet. Not sure about the Resistol hat ... looks like they made a lot of cowboy hats, but this fedora is pretty nice. The winter hat doesn't have a brand name on it which hurts the value a little, same with the golf hat. But both are vintage and people like golf stuff so they should sell eventually.  Paid $5 total.







 I'm really not very educated in camera stuff. But when I find it I try to at least dig through it a little bit. I purchased a Sylvania Sun Gun II, Sylvania Blue Dot Flashbulbs, Abinar Macro Camera Lens, Sylvania Blue Dot Flash Cubes, and a Honeywell Strobonar. Paid $10 for everything. I would be really careful with buying camera stuff - there is always camera stuff at sales and sometimes they are over priced.  Look for deals, make sure the power cords are there, if there is a box that's even better.




 And I bought some nice vintage sweaters and jackets. Most of the sweaters are IZOD golf sweaters which seem to do pretty well. 3 Izod sweaters. The blue one on the left isn't marked with a brand. The brown coat isn't marked either. The turquoise jacket is marked Aberdeen. Vintage golf stuff seems like it does pretty well. Make sure there aren't any stains or tears on your clothes. That brings down the value and the chance of selling highly. Paid $1 a piece for these - $6 total.






Total Spent on Inventory - $26
Hoping to bring in around - $175 - $250

My basic rule for buying is I like to average making around 10 x more for an item that I paid. Often times I make 15 x more or higher. But 10 x is usually the lowest I want to go. I don't like to buy an item for $1 and sell it for $5. Just doesn't seem worth it to me. So for example, if I paid $26 and made $260 then I'd be right on the money. I might have over paid a bit for the camera stuff, but you just have to kind of feel things out as you are buying inventory. You never know what's going to sell and for how much.

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment