Friday, July 19, 2013

Garage Sale Finds 7/19/13


Hit up 5 garage sales on my lunch break today.  I only bought items from 1 sale - the rest were bogus!

Items purchased

2 pairs of Dr. Martin boots in nice shape - $4
1 vintage Arvin portable radio - $1 (not tested - needs batteries)
1 vintage Realistic portable radio - $2 - works
1 vintage Taylor Instrument Company barometer - guy gave it to me for free since I bought the radios

Total cost - $7

My estimated resale value if I get full asking price - $200
(this is just a rough estimate of what I think the items might be worth compared to other eBay sales - will need wife to approve all sale prices first!)

This was a pretty successful lunch break!  Beats wasting $8 at Burger King!  I would recommend to anyone who is interested in doing this to always take advantage of your free time whenever you can.  I usually will hit up at least 2 or 3 garage sales on my lunch break every day that I can find one.  If there are no sales, I might go to a thrift store on my lunch break to test my luck there ... but garage sales are almost ALWAYS better than thrift stores when it comes to prices.

Good Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment