Monday, July 22, 2013

Garage Sale Finds 7/20/13

Greetings!

Had a pretty busy weekend, unfortunately most of it was dedicated to non-eBay related chores.  We recently had some flooding in our basement so I spent most of Saturday tearing up carpet, taking off trim and bleaching all of the grungy areas of my basement.  We run our store out of our basement so, needless to say, it's been a rough couple of weeks.  We had to transport all of our inventory and shelving into the garage for the time being. NOT a fun process.  But we are putting in our new carpet on Thursday night this week, so once that is done we should be back up and running pretty fast.

I did hit up a few sales this weekend and came up with a few interesting finds.

I bought a couple of boxes of vintage and newer holiday decorations (Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day).  Some of the paper decorations are marked as Hallmark from the 1970s, some of the stuff is newer.  Paid $2.  I love Halloween items so I'm never afraid to pick them up - even if they don't sell I don't mind having extra creepy stuff around. :)

I also picked up a Scream 3 cassette tape for 50 cents - because I'm a horror collector and I can't resist.

Found a nice sturdy shelving unit that I picked up for $2 (she was asking $5).  You can never have too many shelves when you are running an eBay store!

Picked up 2 pairs of vintage earrings for 50 cents each.

Bought a pair of hand carved/hand painted "priest" religious themed bookends ... made in Mexico - $2

Vintage wireless headphones with built in radio - $1

Terminator 2 (movie) wind breaker - movie memorabilia - $1

I found an old looking travel 'speaker' that I will have to do some more research on.  Basically it's a speaker in a case that opens up and you can hook up your instrument to the speaker.  It looks like the brand on the hinges is "excelsior" which I believe is an accordion brand.  I have to test the item, but it looks in nice enough shape - paid $1.

Vintage Swedish serving set - $2

And a small chord organ for $5.

Not a really great weekend of sales, but I got a late start Saturday morning (started around 11am).  In my experience it's best to get out to the sales right when they open up at 8am if you can - stuff gets picked over pretty fast.

Total spent on inventory this weekend - $15

If I get my way I will make somewhere around - $175-$250 from these items.

Good Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment