Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thrift Store Finds 7/24/13

Greetings!

Decided to swing by a thrift store today on my lunch break to see what I could scrounge up.  Normally thrift stores around here are pretty hip to the whole flipping industry, so any time they get something that looks remotely good, old, or of high quality, they jack up the price and have it in like a special 'antique' corner ... those bastards.  We are the only ones who should be making money off of your quality goods damn it!

Anyway - there is one store in town that still has fair prices.  I hit it up and came away with a few decent items.

Found a vintage pair of sports goggles with it's original box. $1

A collector plate (can't think of the brand) $1

An antique French Doll $1

A pair of wing tip Florsheim men's dress shoes - $2

3 new in package Adventures of Galaxy Rangers stories on cassette tape $6

I bought 1 other item for a $1 but can't think of it right now ...

And the pick of the day was something that I don't normally look for, but it caught my eye.  An early 1900's miniature billiards table with a full set of balls. The brand is Burrowes Corporation and I don't see a whole lot of them for sale.  The ones I do see for sale range from $50 - $400 depending on item condition and what all is included. I've seen the balls alone go for $30-$40.  So even if I don't feel like selling the full table and shipping it, I could make a little coin off of the balls.  I do think, that since the table folds up nicely I will try to sell it all together as a package and just figure out the shipping if it sells. Paid $7 for this table and balls ... also 1 cue but it is rough shape.

Total spent today - $19

If things go my way I'd like to make somewhere in the ballpark of $175 - $250.

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman

theebayfreshman@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment