Friday, July 26, 2013

Opening an eBay Store Banking Account


Open Up An eBay Store Banking Account.  

For new sellers I would recommend doing this as soon as possible.  Usually this doesn't cost anything if you are already a customer of the bank and there isn't a minimum required deposit in many cases. Open up a different checking account for your business.  This will give you a place to track all of your transactions.  So if you take $100 out to go yard sale shopping, take it out of your business account.  If you buy shipping supplies online, use your business account.  Link your business account directly to your eBay/Paypal store so that all of the profits and deductions come from the same place.  Using your personal checking account might be ok if you are just selling a few items here and there, but in the long term you are actually going to want to track your costs vs. your profits. What a boring paragraph - I sound like my dad (who is a banker).

I'd make sure it's the kind of account that you can have a pin for taking out cash at an ATM - you never know when you will need to grab a few extra bucks - if you can go through a bank that reimburses your ATM fees that's a HUGE plus.  My bank actually is an affiliate with iTunes and sends me a $10 iTunes gift card every 2 months if I meet the minimum # of transactions required and check my account balance online a couple of times a month.  For me it's a win win situation.  Plus, make it a joint checking account if you have a partner and your life will become much easier.

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment