Thursday, July 25, 2013

Garage Sale Finds for 7/25/13

Greetings!

Not much to report here ... had some carpet delivered today so I had to meet the delivery guys at my place on my lunch break. But I was able to squeeze in one quick yard sale.


I decided to start to bring 'personal spending money' along with my 'store money' to the sales I go.  I've passed up too many things I could use around the house this summer so I decided it's time to get smart!

Most of what I grabbed today is for personal use but there are a few items that will o up in the store.

For myself I purchased an air purifier for the basement.  Technically this could be seen as a business purchase because we run our business out of the basement and I'm down there all the time.  Having more fresh, clean air to breath will be beneficial to my health and will also help keep our items smelling ... well, not like an old basement.  Paid $15 for this item - they were asking $20.  I will usually try to make a lower offer on items that are over $5.  Anything that is less than $5 and is worth picking up is probably priced good even for reselling.

Also picked up a vaporizer since my daughter is sick and needs it - $1 - beats buying it new from Target!

Grabbed a small hand saw - $1 - need this for cutting out some spots in my wall where there might be mold from the flooding I talked about in a previous post.  Again - could be considered a business expense since I need it to keep my health in check down there ... but it was just a buck anyway!

Wire cutters - 50 cents - for personal use.

The only items I got for the store today were small ones. Nothing too special.

Paid 50 cents a piece for 4 Lillian Vernon Chinese Bowls (1983) in their original boxes, so $2 there.

And I picked up a pair of vintage Nolan Ear Muffs with the original box (1982) for $1.

So spent $3 on items for the store ... hoping to make $30-$50 off the two items.

I am hitting up a sale tonight that sounds promising so hopefully I will have better finds to share tomorrow!

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment