Thursday, July 25, 2013

Your eBay Store is You.

Greetings!

Your Store is You.  

When you first start thinking about an eBay store you will have to, of course, think about what kinds of items you want to sell.  My recommendation which reflects the eBay Scavengers model is to sell stuff that you are interested in.  For me that is yard sale and 2nd hand items.  I love vintage clothes and accessories, antiques and trinkets, and anything that has a little history behind it.  I also like advertising so stuff with nice boxes and in tact directions makes me excited.  Don’t use your store money to go out and buy crap for yourself though, you are buying for someone else.  I'm not saying don't pick up items for yourself while you are out hunting - you gotta live a little, I'm just recommending bringing a separate wad of cash that is reserved for personal spending to not confuse your budgeting later.

Try to trust your gut if you see something that looks valuable, old, gently used and is being sold for cheap, scoop it up (after a quick search on your smart phone of course).  Items with brands and years with original boxes and directions, etc. gives you a lot to work with for your research and descriptions.  This doesn’t mean everything you find at a yard sale that looks old is worth buying of course - I like to take my smart phone with me  to check items out online before I buy. But buy things you are into otherwise it will get old fast and you will have a basement/garage full of boring crap you don’t care about and don’t want to look at.

The items in your store reflect who you are as a person and what is interesting, appealing to you.  Think about the image you want to reflect to your customers and the kinds of customers you want to work with.

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment