Saturday, July 27, 2013

Is this a Wedding or a Garage Sale?

Greetings!

I was out doing my usual Saturday morning yard sale shopping for our store when I came across a sign that said "Fun Finds Sale Today!" ... I thought to myself that I enjoy having fun finding things so this must be a sale for me?

Wrong.

I pulled up to a house just short of a mansion that let me know that the goods were in the backyard.  I was hungry for some rich people leftovers when I walked in to this ...


I felt like I walked into the middle of a wedding ceremony or something ... Not only were the "finds" not that "fun" ... they were severely over priced (at least for flippers like me).  It is just a personal preference of mine, but I really do not like the look of antique furniture that has been painted white.  I would much rather see the original wood, with or without all of the wear to it.  Even the junkiest shelves that could barely stand were lathered in white paint and marked up at $50 - $80!  It would be rare for me to pay that much for a sturdy, non-painted antique shelf!

It was a nice day for a white wedding today, but that's not what I went out looking for. But, you win some you lose some.  Walked away empty handed and saddened by the loss of all of those antique pieces whose original beauty and elegance will remain entombed by thick white paint.

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment