Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Having a Professional Looking Store Logo, and Branding Yourself


Logos and Branding.  

With any store or product branding is important.  I figured why wouldn’t this be the same for our eBay store?  If we treat it professionally and seriously maybe other people will too?  

Luckily I work as a graphic designer for my day job, so I was able to come up with a logo and business name for us pretty quickly.  We use this logo for our profile picture and we also had some “thank you’s” printed out that we can put into each package that includes our logo and the words “Enjoy your purchase” and “Thank you for your business” and at the bottom it says “If you have time please stop by and let us know how we did ... we love feedback!”  We also left a blank space where we can personalize each item with a statement like “Hope you like your hat!” etc.  That helps us look like a more legit business while also personalizing each buyers experience. I realize that not everyone has a graphic design background and work station, but you probably have a friend or a friend of a friend who can help you out with a logo for cheap.

I also recommend having a professional sounding url.  Even if it's just a shortened version of your store name, that is fine.  I personally just don't like to see sellers with creepy names, or offensive names, for instance, bob69doggystyleluvr wouldn't really float my boat.  This doesn't mean the person doesn't have quality items for sale, but if I saw that as a seller name on an item I was considering buying I would be immediately turned off. Even though your store is an online store instead of a physical store, you should still treat it as if you had to face your customers in person.  Try not to be rude and always maintain that professional appearance.  Your online presence is just as important as an in person presence (if not more).  So keep it clean and professional!

Happy Hunting!

The eBay Freshman


No comments:

Post a Comment